The Great Blog of China nannyland.net

Thursday, September 28, 2006

One Year Anniversary of Family Day

Well one year ago today a shy, little girl was handed to me in a hot room in Changsha, Hunan. She took one look at me and one look at her dad and went to him. I was afraid I would not recognize her and when they brought her in all I saw was the toy and the back of her head. For three days she was daddy's girl, oh I would be there but if left alone, guess who would cry until daddy came back. The first day as you can see she was scared and quiet, looking back I think she just shut down. She had gone to bed the night before with her loving nannies and woke up to a strange room and sounds and being handed to someones whose face she had not seen before. Even though she was little she was very strong. Later that day we went to walmart to get some supplies adn seh fell asleep in my arms facing away from me, if she even looked at me those small silent tears would fall. Fast forward a year to a loving bubbly little girl who comes running and laughing.

What a difference a year makes, now we have a happy bubbly little girl. She still prefers daddy to this day. She is our daddy's girl.

We are getting a family picture today so when we have it we will post a side by side picture to show you the difference a year makes.

She is still our little peanut. WE love her and are happy that she is part of our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home